How Is The Dental Implant Procedure Done
- The first step is to insert a cylindrical piece of titanium into the jawbone without pain. This piece is left inside the bone for a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
- The bone grows around the implant, holding it in place. Thus, the implant replaces the roots of the teeth in the jaw.
- After the waiting period, your treating doctor will make a crown that will be fixed on the implant.
- In the event of missing more than one tooth, the doctor can install a bridge or dentures on the implant.
- The dentist will choose a color for your new teeth on the implant that matches the color of your natural teeth.
- After the implantation and installation process is completed, you will have new fixed teeth that are exactly the same as your natural teeth in terms of form and function.