Removable & Permanent Retainer
Removable device designed to keep your teeth in the correct position.
Please follow these instructions:
- The upper fixation must be worn at all times, except for eating and brushing, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- The plastic taste of the fastener will quickly disappear, and your speech will return to normal after a few days of wearing it.
- If you have a localized ulcer after three or four days, call us to schedule an appointment.
- Do not flip the fastener with your tongue. This may damage your teeth.
- Clean the installer with soap and water using warm (not hot) water.
- When it's not in your mouth, keep the fixative in its own box (not wrapped in a tissue as it could be accidentally thrown away by a loved one).
- Keep the installer away from pets.
- Bring the installer with you to every appointment.
It is a fixed or removable device designed to keep your teeth in the correct position. A wire is inserted into the lower front teeth from the inside of the teeth.
It will remain permanently in your mouth or until your orthodontist decides to remove it.
When brushing, be sure to clean the wire and the inside of your lower teeth. Use regular flossing and water floss daily.